CS Education Programs
Students are introduced to fundamental computer programming concepts as well as what possibilities lie when students learn how to code
Code as a Second Language
The objective is to introduce, engage, and inspire students about careers in computer science and entrepreneurship.
The course is structured as an in-class session with assignments that do not require background in computer science.
Students will also have the opportunity to learn from and connect with industry professionals who will serve as facilitators and speakers throughout the session.
The course will culminate in a showcase event during the evening of the last day of class to provide professional experience for the students.
- Students will develop an understanding of fundamental core programming concepts and syntax
- Develop an interest in entrepreneurship, which will be supplemented with industry guest speakers where appropriate
- The students will be funneled to LOFTNetwork.org that provides:
- Connection to other students, mentors, networking, resources, STEM-related events
- Potential internships and full-time positions with Fortune 500 companies.
- Ongoing on-line instruction
- Instructors Code as a Second Language Fellows supplement by software engineers or other technology Professionals, where feasible.
If you are interested in learning more or bringing CSL to your school, please fill out this quick form.
If you are interested in leading one of these CSL programs and directly impacting your community please fill out this form.